How Do I Enroll?
Enrolling in a Health Care plan is a lot easier than most people think, and it’s usually a lot cheaper than most people think because they forget about calculating subsidies.
Enrolling is easy and our help is free!
Just follow these steps:
- You will need some information about everyone in your household:
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
- Social Security Number
- Estimated Household Income
- Pick up the phone and contact one of our agents with the NC Health Care Reform Advisors at 1-855-5BCBSNC (or 1-855-522-2762).
- Our agents will go over your plan options and help you pick a plan
- Our agents will help you get a subsidy if you qualify.
When Does Health Coverage Start?
The answer to this question depends on when you enroll and get approved.
- Did you apply and get approved for a plan by December 15th, 2014? If so, your coverage should start on January 1st, 2015.
- If you apply between December 16th, 2014 and January 15th, 2015, your coverage will begin on February 1st, 2015.
- If you apply anytime between January 16th, 2015 and February 15th, 2015, your coverage will begin on March 1st, 2015.